Travelers will celebrate the city’s vibrant and diverse culture with the return of Art Basel Miami Beach, open-air concerts, and more!
Published: Nov. 2, 2021 at 7:20 AM MDT|Updated: 4 hours ago
MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Nov. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Miami Beach is inviting art connoisseurs and travelers who enjoy cultural exploration to celebrate the city’s vibrant arts and culture scene this fall. Visitors can discover world-class art activations during Art Basel Miami Beach, enjoy the sounds of classical music at open-air concerts, celebrate Black culture through films at SoundScape Park, experience Latin culture at the Miami Beach Salsa Festival, and so much more all season long.
“Arts are an integral part of our culture here on Miami Beach, which makes our fall season unlike any other destination. From endless sunshine to ample arts and culture activities – there’s something for everyone to enjoy,” said Steve Adkins, Chairman of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA).
In addition, the city of Miami Beach is participating in Miami Entertainment Months throughout November. Travelers can enhance their experience through special offers including 25 percent off Miami City Ballet’s acclaimed ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ production, 15 percent off Faena Theater’s ‘Tryst Cabaret’, BOGO admission to the Art Deco Welcome Center, and discounted admission to Artechouse, The Bass, and the Museum of Illusions.
Visitors looking to escape to Miami Beach this fall and bask in the world-class destination’s arts and culture scene have a host of specialty events to choose from, including:
- Experience the best in contemporary and modern art at Art Basel Miami Beach this fall. Running December 7 – 10th at the Miami Beach Convention Center, the festival will include leading artists, gallerists, and designers from across the globe.
- The American Black Film Festival has curated the 12th season of the SoundScape Cinema Series. Featuring free weekly movies now through December 29, movies include The Pursuit of Happyness, The Wiz, and Knives Out.
- Join Melinda Almodóvar to celebrate Latin music and culture during the open-air Miami Beach Salsa Festival on November 7th from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the North Beach Bandshell. Guests will enjoy live local and international Latin music bands, food, and visual artists.
- Head to the Miami Beach Botanical Garden for a Candlelight Open Air Concert on November 10th and 17th at 6:45 p.m. Guests will experience a unique classical music performance featuring everything from Bach to the Beatles, taking guests on a musical journey to remember.
- Explore highlights of various collections and current exhibits during The Bass Highlights Tour on November 13th at 2 p.m. Guests who mention Miami Entertainment Months will enjoy a 15 percent discount.
- New World Symphony’s WALLCAST Concert Series returns for the 2021-2022 season starting November 20th. Guests will enjoy live classical music performances broadcast straight from the stage to the 7,000-square-foot projection wall of the New World Center. Concerts are free and open to the public.
- For a stimulating art experience, check out Untitled Art Miami Beach this fall from November 29th through December 4th on 12th Street and Ocean Drive. Programming will include special projects, performances, and cutting-edge art installations from more than 415 international galleries and organizations.
- SCOPE Miami Beach celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. From November 30th through December 5th, visitors will enjoy a selection of contemporary art from 140 international exhibitors, along with installations, panel discussions and events.
“The return of Art Basel Miami Beach is highly anticipated amongst both locals and out-of-town guests, and we’re looking forward to admiring the various art installations and activations created by artists both near and far,” said Grisette Marcos, Executive Director of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA).
For the latest on Miami Beach’s arts and culture scene, follow @ExperienceMiamiBeach on Facebook, Instagram, and @EMiamiBeach on Twitter; and download the Experience Miami Beach App at http://www.miamibeachapi.com/app/.
Media Contact: Elisabeth Denil, [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority
The above press release was provided courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions and statements in the press release are not endorsed by Gray Media Group nor do they necessarily state or reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.