Most of the pieces are out there to acquire, with the proceeds heading to the college student artists.
MEMPHIS, Tenn — Memphis Intercontinental Airport announced the winners of the 15th once-a-year Significant Faculty Visual Arts and Pictures Levels of competition.
96 artists submitted get the job done, and 43 had been picked as finalists. 79 photographers entered the contest, and 36 finalists ended up picked out.
The winners ended up announced as part of a virtual party, and an open up household is currently being held Thursday evening at 6 p.m. wherever the winners will get their awards.
Here’s a record of the winners:
Paintings (See selection Below):
- 1st Area: Meredith Dai, Collierville Higher University, “Koi at the Memphis Botanic Gardens”
- 2nd Place: Taylor Nelson, Collierville High School, “Peabody from Below”
- 3rd Position: Eleanor Hsueh, Houston Significant College, “Memphis Smorgasbord”
Pictures (See collection Here):
- 1st Spot: Maddox McPherson, Metropolis College Faculty of Liberal Arts, “Area Code 901”
- 2nd Area: Brooklynn Hellums, Bartlett Significant School, “Metal Museum”
- 3rd Position: Natalia Ramos, Bartlett Significant Faculty, “Remembrance”
All finalists will obtain a certificate and 1st location will get $300, 2nd area gets $200, and 3rd put $100. The airport stated all work by the finalists will be on show at the airport for travelers to see for one particular 12 months.
Most of the parts are available to invest in, with the proceeds likely to the college student artists.
The nine judges were from the local artwork neighborhood, and involved associates from the College of Memphis, the Withers Assortment Museum & Gallery, UrbanArt Commission, Christian Brothers University, Urevbu Modern and the Dixon Gallery and Gardens.
Related: Getaway Convey resumes summer season nonstop Memphis-Cancun flights
Linked: Spirit Airlines nonstop service begins in Memphis Wednesday | Here is exactly where you can go on the very low-price air carrier
Relevant: Tommy Kha’s Elvis depiction re-put in at Memphis International Airport 3 times soon after its removal